MARRIAGE PREPARATION PROGRAM
1. Call Trish at the Parish Office at least 9 months in advance to your wedding date. Contact info is 952-955-1458 or email@example.com. Review the marriage preparation guidelines. Fill out initial paperwork. Set a date for the wedding. Pay $350 wedding fee which covers the cost of the FOCCUS inventory, printed materials, the fee for the work of the Wedding Coordinator prior to the wedding and at the rehearsal and at the wedding, and to help cover maintenance costs of the church.
2. Meet with Father. There is a questionnaire that the parites will fill out with the Priest. We need assurance that neither has been previously married. A Baptismal certificate issued from their church of Baptism is needed.
3. Attend a pre-marriage retreat. Many institutions in the Twin Cities area provide such opportunities. We recommend the courses at Christ the King Retreat Center in Buffalo or St. Luke's Church in St. Paul.
4. Take a FOCCUS Inventory class. FOCCUS stands for Facilitating Open Couple Communication, Understanding & Study. You will be assigned a Marriage Mentor Preparation Couple with whom you will meet with to take the FOCCUS class.
5. Meet with Bill Windsperger, the Director of Music. It is imperative that you meet with Bill Windsperger at least two months prior to the wedding to choose appropriate readings and music. His phone number is 952-955-1065 or 952-381-4076. He will discuss how to choose wedding music, and you can talk to him about who will sing and play music at your wedding.
6. Meet with Becky Burns, the Wedding Coordinator. Call Becky to set up a meeting. Her phone is 952-240-4498. She will review the Wedding Planning materials with you, discuss policies for using the church, schedule your rehearsal, and other details.
7. Apply for a marriage license. A marriage license from the state is required. The Best Man and Maid of Honor sign the license immediately after the ceremony. You must bring the marriage license to rehearsal.